|[Inbound] [GKS] ASEAN countries' SCIence and ENgineering Students|
|작성자 Int' team||작성일 18/04/25 (16:23)||조회수 847|
2018 Global Korea Scholarship(GKS) for ASEAN countries' SCIence and ENgineering Students
(CNU Subject : Animal and Dairy Science) from July 16th to 17th August, 2018
Greetings from Chungnam National University.
We are pleased to inform you that student recruitment for 2018 ASEAN SCIENS will finally open from 16th April to 8th May, 2018.
If you have any students to be recommended, we would like you to send the documents for application no later than 8th May without failure.
As for submission, we are asking you to collect and send your students' application forms by electric data (PDF only) attached to an email at email@example.com.
2018 GKS for ASEAN SCIENS (ASEAN Countries' Science and Engineering Student) is designated by NIIED (National Institute of International Education under the Ministry of Education, Korea) for ASEAN countries university students to spend their summer abroad learning major field at Korean Universities and also Korean culture with full scholarship for 5 weeks.
There are five Korean universities hosting this program separately and each university will invite 24 students with different major field.
CNU is one of the hosting universities of 2018 GKS for ASEAN SCIENS and our major field is Animal and Dairy Science, so we recruit students who is majoring Animal and Dairy Science and related field (Biology and Life Sciences) in their home university.
- Application Period : 16th April ~ 8th May [Nomination should be made by Home University Official]
- Interview (Telephone or Skype) : Mid May (TBC)
* Please write accurate phone number, so we can reach student during the time.
- Admission Notice : End of May - Early June
* After admission notice, participants will receive invitation and other important notice by email.
- Arrival in Korea : 16th July at Incheon International Airport
- Leave from Korea : 17th August
- Program Period : 16th July ~ 17th August (5 weeks)
1. Be a citizen of one of the 10 ASEAN countries
* Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
2. Be enrolled in the second to fourth year as an undergraduate student who majors in Animal and Dairy Science or related field (Biology or Life Sciences)
3. Be fluent in English
4. Be mentally and physically healthy
[The Number of Students]
- Please nominate maximum 5 students in your university.
- Selection will be made by CNU faculties and NIIED during May.
- If you have applicants more than two, please send us with priority order in Application List.
- Total 24 students will be selected among CNU applicants.
Application should be arranged by below order and if there are any missing papers (except passport copy), your application will not be acceptable.
1. Application form with applicant's signature (attached)
2. Self-Introduction (attached)
3. Research Plan (attached)
4. Letter of Recommendation from academic supervisor (Professor) (attached)
5. Copy of the passport information page (*If you don't have a passport yet, send it until the end of May after selection)
* If passport copy is not sent by 31st May, selection will be cancelled.
6. Certificate of Enrollment (Official insurance from home university)
7. Transcript with original seal (Official insurance from home university)
* If your university grade system is not out of 4.5, then please transfer score to out of 4.5 or out of 100.
8. Certificate of Language Test either English or Korean (* Optional)
- Round trip air ticket (only for international), free accommodation with meals, tuition and other program fee and traveler's insurance will be waived.
* Participants will be responsible for transportation fare in home country(domestic flight), body check-up fee at home country and VISA processing fee.
- Student can have certificate of completion and three academic credits.
[How to Apply]
1. Student prepare application materials(1~8) and submit it to university international office or charging faculty.
2. University officer nominate maximum 5 and send their application forms with Applicant List to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8th May
* We will only ask selected students' original application forms by post in June. Please refer to below mailing address.
* Late application will not be acceptable.
Ms. Minji Park [Program manager]
217, W15 Building, Office of International Affairs, Chungnam National University
99 Daehakro, Yuseonggu, Daejeon, Republic of Korea,
Zip Code 34134
For further information about this program, please refer to the attached brochure from NIIED (National Institute of International Education under the Ministry of Education, Korea)
If you have further inquiries, do not hesitate to contact me.
I appreciate your cooperation in advance.